Satellite C660 Optical Disc Drive Replacement Procedure
- To avoid the risk of electrical shock, turn the computer off and remove the AC adapter from the electrical outlet.
- Because the battery in the computer is left charged, the risk of electrical shock remains even after the AC adapter is removed from the electrical outlet. To avoid the risk of electrical shock, be sure to remove any metal jewelry or accessories such as necklaces, bracelets, and rings before starting work. Never work with damp or wet hands.
To watch this guidance as video please click on the picture below.
A. Removing the optical disc drive
- Remove AC Adapter from notebook
- Open battery lock
- Remove battery
- Remove the screw that holds the DVD drive.
- Pull out the optical drive.
- Remove the brackets from the optical drive by taking out the screws. Make sure you keep the screws somewhere you can find them again. You will need them to build in the replacement drive!
B. Installing the optical disc drive
- Install the brackets of the optical drive using the screws you removed when taking the brackets off
- Insert the otical drive and push it in until it clicks in place.
- Secure the optical drive using the DVD screw.
- Reinsert and lock the battery