Toshiba Satellite U940 Memory Replacement Procedure
- To avoid the risk of electrical shock, turn the computer off and remove the AC adapter from the electrical outlet.
- Because the battery in the computer is left charged, the risk of electrical shock remains even after the AC adapter is removed from the electrical outlet. To avoid the risk of electrical shock, be sure to remove any metal jewelry or accessories such as necklaces, bracelets, and rings before starting work. Never work with damp or wet hands.
To watch this guidance as video please click on the picture below:
A. Removing memory module
1. Turn off the power of the computer and disconnect the AC adapter and other external devices from your computer.
2. Release the battery lock and remove the battery pack while sliding the battery release latch.
3. Loosen the screw fixing the memory cover. Insert your finger into the slot and remove the memory cover.
4. Open the left and right latches outside and remove the memory module. Pull the memory up and out at an angle of 45 degree, using care to avoid touching the connectors:
B. Installing memory module
1. Insert the memory module(s) into the connector(s) at an angle of 45 degree.
2. Press down the memory module until it is secured in place by the memory lock latches.
3. Set the memory cover and secure it with the screw.
4. Reinsert the battery and lock it.
5. Connect the AC adapter.
When the power of the computer is turned on, the computer checks automatically the memory size. Confirm that the new memory is detected correctly. If the memory is not detected, check that it is connected correctly.