Toshiba Satellite U940 HDD Replacement Procedure
- To avoid the risk of electrical shock, turn the computer off and remove the AC adapter from the electrical outlet.
- Because the battery in the computer is left charged, the risk of electrical shock remains even after the AC adapter is removed from the electrical outlet. To avoid the risk of electrical shock, be sure to remove any metal jewelry or accessories such as necklaces, bracelets, and rings before starting work. Never work with damp or wet hands.
To watch this guidance as video please click on the picture below:
A. Removing the defective HDD
1. Turn off the power of the computer and remove the AC adapter.
2. Unlock and remove the battery pack from the computer.
3. Release the HDD cover screw and remove the HDD cover.
4. Remove the following HDD pack.
5. Remove the 4 screws and separate the HDD and HDD holder.
B. Installing the new HDD
1. Set the HDD to the HDD holder and secure them with the 4 screws
2. Set the HDD into the slot. Slide the HDD assembly until it is locked by the guide to connect it to the connector on the system board.
3. Secure the HDD cover by tightening the HDD cover screw.
4. Gently insert the battery pack into place. Check that the battery release latch slides in and stops with a click.
5. Plug in the AC adapter.