Toshiba Satellite C50 / C50D / C55 / C55D ODD Replacement Procedure
- To avoid the risk of electrical shock, turn the computer off and remove the AC adapter from the electrical outlet.
- Because the battery in the computer is left charged, the risk of electrical shock remains even after the AC adapter is removed from the electrical outlet. To avoid the risk of electrical shock, be sure to remove any metal jewelry or accessories such as necklaces, bracelets, and rings before starting work. Never work with damp or wet hands.
To watch this guidance as video please click on the picture below:
A. Removing the optical disc drive
1. Turn off the power of the computer and remove the AC adapter.
2. Unlock and remove the battery pack from the computer.
3. Loosen the screw fixing the cover. Insert your finger into the slot and remove the cover.
4. Remove the screw that holds the optical drive and pull out the optical drive.
5. Remove the brackets from the optical drive by taking out the screws. Make sure you keep the screws somewhere you can find them again. You will need them to build in the replacement drive!
B. Installing the optical disc drive
1. Install the brackets of the optical drive using the screws you removed when taking the brackets off
2. Insert the optical drive and push it in until it clicks in place.
3. Secure the optical drive using the screw.
4. Set the cover and secure it with the screw.
5. Gently insert the battery pack into place. Check that the battery release latch slides in and stops with a click.
6. Plug in the AC adapter.