Follow the steps below to set up a Toshiba dynadock for use with an external monitor only. The computers internal LCD monitor is turned off. It's important to follow the following steps exactly as indicated.
To maximize the performance of an external monitor with the dynadock, first connect it directly to the computer and install the manufacturers drivers, before connecting it to the dynadock.
- Click the Windows "Start" button, then click "Control Panel"
- Click the link "Display"
- Click the link "Adjust resolution"
- Click monitor icon 2, as shown below. "TOSHIBA Video Dock..." will appear in the drop-down list below the icons.
- Click the checkbox for "Make this may main display" to select it, as shown below.
- Click the "Apply" button. Both the internal and external monitors will flash on and off one or more time. The external Monitor will then show the Windows Task Bar and Desktop Icons.
The computer's internal LCD monitor will display only the Windows wallpaper, the Control Panel window, and the Display Settings window.
- Click on the drop down menu "Show desktop only on 2" and OK. The computers internal LCD monitor will turn off, leaving only the external monitor on.
- Click on "Keep changes"
To use the computer with the display lid closed - with an external monitor, keyboard and mouse - then follow the additional steps below, so that closing the display lid doesn't turn the computer off or place it into the Sleep or Hibernation state.
- Click the Windows "Start" button, then click "Control Panel".
- Click the "Power Options" category.
- Click "Choose what closing the lid does" (at the left side of the Power Options window).
- In the drop-down list titled "When I close the lid: " select Do nothing for both "On battery" and "Plugged in".
- Click the "Save" changes button, and then close the Power Options window.
--> Closing the computers display lid will now have no effect on its operation.