In case Windows 8 is preinstalled on your notebook und you want to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro, you have to proceed the following steps:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
- Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
- Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.
Then do one of the following:
- If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.
You will be prompted through the steps to buy a product key from there and it will be entered for you.
- If you already have a product key, tap or click I already have a product key.
- Enter your product key and click Next.
- Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license term, and then click Add features.
- The features will be now added. Your PC will restart automatically and Windows 8 Pro will be on it.
- After the reboot, the system has been sucessfully upgraded to Windows 8 Pro. You can check this in the system control panel by pressing the Windows Logo Key + Break.