To make a backup and restore of your hdd with the "NTI Backup Now EZ" software, please follow the steps listed below:
We recommend to download and install the latest version of the "NTI Backup Now EZ" by using this link:
- Installation of the "NTI Backup Now EZ" Software
- Start the setup.exe and choose your prefered language, then press "OK"
- The installtion will be prepared
- After the preparation, the setup can be started. Press "Next" to proceed
- You need to accept the license agreement and then press "Next"
- Now you can choose the format of your Backup HDD (in this example we select FAT32) and then press "NEXT"
- Choose the installation folder for the Backup software, where you want to install it and press "NEXT"
- After the installation has finished, you need to reeboot your PC. Please click "Finish" to reboot.
- The software is now installed. Please proceed with the Backup (Step 2)
- Backup your PC to your external HDD
- Start the EZ Backup Software
- Click on "Modify" in the "Complete System Backup" Area
- Select "Destination Capacity Alert" and you can set a password if you want. After this, click "Finish"
- To start the Backup, click "Yes"
- After the Backup is finished, you will be notified by the software.
- System Restore
- Boot from your USB HDD, where the Backup is stored (on Toshiba notebooks, press F12 to enter the Boot devices menu and select USB)
- After the HDD has booted up, you will get a Restore Screen. Select your restore point and press "Restore" to start.
- Be sure, that all your data from the PC is saved! The Restore will erase the HDD! Click "ok"
- Now the restore is running...
- After the Restore is finished, click "ok" to reboot your PC
- Now your PC is in the same state as when you did the Backup.