Often this is simply because the radio link between the receiver and the mouse has been broken. Some possible reasons are: flat batteries, insertion of new batteries, connector to the computer removed, etc. In the first instance, you should restore the Toshiba devices to a defined status (reset). To reset the device:
- Remove the batteries from the mouse for approximately 2 minutes.
- Press and hold the "Connect" button on the receiver for 15-20 seconds. Make sure that the receiver is connected, the PC is switched on and that there are no batteries in the devices.
After resetting, insert new batteries and restore the connection as follows:
- Press and hold the "Connect" button on the receiver for 1-2 seconds
- Then immediately press the "Connect" button on the bottom of the mouse (locate this button before you start, all cordless mice have a "Connect" button)
- Move the mouse around to check that the connection is working correctly
- Press and hold the "Connect" button on the receiver again for 1-2 seconds.
- Then immediately press the "Connect" button on the bottom of the mouse. Use the keyboard to check that the connection is working correctly
Both devices should now be working correctly. If one or both of these devices is still not working, try them on another compatible PC system to ensure that the fault does not lie with your PC system.