a) Preparing the C40
Note: If you already using the Satellite C40-C under Windows 8.1, please backup all your personal date before you continue with the following steps!
b) Resetting the Satellite C40-C:
1. Open the "PC Settings" and select "Update and Recovery"
2. Select "Recovery" and then click on "Get started" at the option "Remove everything and reinstall Windows". Follow the onscreen instructions.
Important note: After this step, all your unsaved data will get lost!
3. When the recovery is finished, run the basic set up of the Notebook, during the basic set up it is important to enter the WiFi credentials or establisch a wired network connection!
4. As soon as the basic set up is finished, the OS is offering the Windows 10 upgrade.
Click on "Upgrade"
5. To start the download of the Windows 10 upgrade data, click on the "Finish" button.
6. The download of the necessary files for the Windows 10 upgrade will start. The download may take some time, depending on the speed of the currently available internet connection.