A BIOS update is a relative simple operation and can be carried out by most competent computer users.
The BIOS files are machine specific. Please take care - you have to use the correct Bios file for your machine
Toshiba BIOS update:
Prior to upgrading the BIOS please ensure the following:
- Notebook is undocked.
- Notebook is connected to the mains.
- Notebook must be in boot mode and not resume mode.
- Remove any connected hardware like PC cards, USB devices...
- Do not switch off during the BIOS update!
Note: We recommend to print this manual before you start the BIOS update procedure, so it will be available during the update process because you don't have access to your OS during the update process.
BIOS update process
- Extract the downloaded BIOS zip file to a temorary extraction folder you should name e.g. "BIOS" to get sure you will find the extracted BIOS update file. In this new created folder you should find only the extracted BIOS *.exe file.
- Execute the extracted application (*exe) file in the temporary extraction folder.
- The BIOS update process may look different if the update process did not match to the pictures below.
- The following windows appears:
- The current BIOS version and the version to install will be displayed.
Click on "Yes" to proceed.
- Read the text and click on "OK" to proceed.
- The BIOS update process starts.
- When the update process is finished the system will restart automatically.
- While Toshiba LOGO screen displays, press [ESC] key to start BIOS setup menu.
- Check time and date wether they are correct. If no, they should be adjusted to the correct values.
- Press [Home] key and to set the BIOS to default settings. Press [End] key and to save the settings and exit.
- Update process finished.